English   Deutsch   English   Français
You are here: Company > history > "timeline"
 

"timeline" - the cronic in numbers

1919

Foundation of the 'Maschinenfabrik Leonhard Hofmann' in the centre of Windsheim. At this time sowers and malt-mills are produced for the agriculture.

1934

The 'Maschinenfabrik' develops so well, that the room in the city-centre is insufficient. The factory, which was named after the brothers Hofmann, was rebuilt at the Hofmannstraße and exists still nowadays.

1935

The sector of woodworkingmachines grows more and more, the first planers were built. A serial production of parallel vices was installed.

1936

The production of ball bearing houses starts.

1938

New construction of the foundry. From then on machines of the legendary iron cast quality could be built in the own factory. The production of box column drills and ball bearing houses for famous ball bearing producers has been started.

1948

After the second world war, participation at the first 1st 'International Crafts Fair' in Munich.

1950

Continuation of fair activities by participating on the Industrial Fair in Hanover.

1951

An important step for the expansion of the 'Maschinenfabrik' is the start of the exports in other european countries - followed by countries like Israel, Venezuela and many more.

1961

Death of Leonhard Hofmann. Frau Hofmann and Herr Hartmann manage the company together until 1977.

1977

The company is converted into a GmbH. Shareholder and managing director is Herr Hartmann.

1982

Start of the exports to the USA.

1985

The company Hofmann gets honored with the 'Bavarian State Award' for outstanding technical efforts on the 'International Crafts Fair' in Munich. Hofmann achieved the 'Gold Medal' for its thickness planer, which is excellent in functionality and quality.

1988

Award for 40 consecutive years of participation on the 40th 'International Crafts Fair' in Munich .

1994

Hofmann celebrates its 75th company anniversary.

1995

The daughter Gabriele Hartmann joins the company. Shortly afterwards she takes part on the management.

1997

The 'Maschinenfabrik' grows further: a new assemly hall was built in the Hofmannstraße.

1999

Hofmann achieves the award as a "Special supplier" of the TEMACO eG.

2000

Hofmann rebrands to HOFMANN Maschinenfabrik GmbH.

2002

The global novelty "Universal Spindle Moulder VISION 210 Vision" is relaunched the first time. Hofmann obtained a patent for this machine.

2004

The new milling machine generation TF / TFS 1245 replaces the previous types TF / TFS 1200.

2005

HOFMANN launches an HSK-interface for the fast tool-changement on its milling machines - as one of the first on the market.

2006

What could never been hoped: more than 100 shapers of the type UFM 210 VISION have been delivered.

2007

The presentation of the new "entry-level shaper" TFS 107 with very positiv feedback. At the fair "LIGNA" in Hanover the UFM 210 VISION appears with modernest touchscreen-control.

2008

The construction of a new production hall and a considerable investment in new machines extends the industrial facilities and possibilities continously. The shaper with 'Multi-Step' function joins the market.

2009

90 years of 'Hofmann Maschinenfabrik'! The combined AD 514 / 634 was presented as a special anniversary edition. Additional to that the unique security system “Guardian" and the arbor “Duo". 

2010

At the Holzhandwerk the rigid Moulder type TF 106 is presented as an economic solution. As well as the new generation of fences type 2601 "Basic" and "Efficient"

2011

A new design has landed in the house HOFMANN. The combined type AD 515/635 and the Moulder type TF/TFS 1245 are the first in a new guise. As a further innovation the moulder is now available with modern technology in the form of a 5.7" touchscreen display

2012

The next type of machine in modern design with appealing color scheme, the Jointer type AHW 412/512/632. In the electrical execution with LED display for the hollow and point rabbet. "Pure economics" is the theme for the first presentation of the Moulder type TFS 1260 at Ligna